Types Of Information We Collect
Personal InformationPersonal information is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her purchases. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
Aggregate InformationPersonal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase may be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Collect And Use Personal InformationHealing Histamine collects personal information from you at several different points on our Website, as set forth below.In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, such as
- to provide services or complete transactions you have requested,
- for billing purposes,
- to anticipate and resolve problems with our Website and our products and services, and
- for our own internal business operations, to respond to customer support inquiries and for other purposes as described below.
- to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfill your request; and
- to contact you from time to time
- (i) about services on our Website for which you have expressed interest;
- (ii) with news,
- (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or
- (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the Website.
- for editorial purposes, such as when you submit a recipe to us (e.g., to attribute your submitted recipe to you);
- to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the Website (e.g., to ask you a question about a recipe you have submitted); and
- to identify you by name when posting content you submit to us on the Website (e.g., when you request a recipe on the Website, to post your name and a description of the recipe you are requesting).
NewslettersWhen you submit your email address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletters, we ask for personal information such as your name and email address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s). You may opt-out of such follow-up contacts by following the instructions in the newsletter. Please also note that we use a “double opt-in” process to confirm your subscription to our newsletters. When you initiate a subscription to one of our email newsletters, we send a confirmation email message to the email address. We only subscribe your email address to the newsletter after you follow the steps in the confirmation email message.
E-Mail-A-FriendWhen you elect to use our referral service for emailing a recipe or other content to a friend, we ask you for your friend’s name and email address. Healing Histamine will automatically send your friend a one-time email on your behalf which contains the recipe or other content, and which invites your friend to visit the Website. Healing Histamine uses your friend’s name and email address only to send this one-time email, and does not store this information. If your friend does not wish to receive “email-a-friend” messages to be sent on your behalf, he or she must contact you directly. Healing Histamine users may not use our referral service to send unwanted spam to others.
Contests, Promotions, Offers And SurveysFrom time to time our Website requests personal information from users via contests, promotions, offers and surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal Information requested in these activities may include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your postal code or age level). We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of this Website and improve its usefulness to you. We may also provide third parties with this information, and may combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties may use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services that may be of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
Customer ServiceWe collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission.
Cookies, Web Beacons And Log Files
Web BeaconsWe use, and permit third parties to use, “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and web bugs) on our Website and in our e-mail newsletters, to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our Website.
Log FilesWe track log files on our Website (i.e., we log your computer’s IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our Website) and use them to analyze trends, administer the Website, track your movements on the Website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may link some or all of this information to personally identifiable information that is stored on a cookie in your computer. We only use information gathered from these activities for our internal marketing and operational purposes.
Business TransfersInformation about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
Google AnalyticsWe also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Children’s Privacy StatementThis children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.